Check

A forum for all things related to Accounting.
tspetseris
Number of Employees: 0
Number of Offices: 0

Check

Postby tspetseris » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:53 am

Hello, I have a quick question. I accidently unposted and deleted AP entries that already issued checks and checks have been cashed in the bank. I know I cannot void a check that has been cleared. Now in Deltek, these payments lost their sources the checks connected. Also the expenses related to the PMT also no longer exist in Deltek, resulting understate expense in financial statement. I will greatly appreciate if somebody can tell me how to solve the problem.

Chad12
Deltek Vision Version: 5.0
Number of Employees: 0
Year Vision Installed: 2001
Vision User Group: Central Florida

Re: Check

Postby Chad12 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:58 am

Well dear, I just started learning accounting so I don’t know much about the troubleshooting methods. But my accounting professor Dr. Aloke Ghosh can help you in solving this problem as he has great knowledge of Accounting.

F&M pro
Brief Company Description: Architectural firm of 30 employees specializing in education K-College.
Deltek Vision Version: 5.1
Number of Employees: 30
Company Position: Controller
Vision Modules: Accounting, Billing Time, Expense, Resource Planning, Visualization
Year Vision Installed: 2003

Re: Check

Postby F&M pro » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:47 am

Are you in Deltek or other software?
If Deltek see below.
Make a backup first.
You are going to have to re-input all transactions and repost them. Check on the expense accounts and make sure the entry is there, and then just pay them again with the same check numbers. The system will probably tell you that the check will be a duplicate but that is ok. Finally you can post the checks.

Now verify by going into your bank reconcillation and see if the checks are there with the amounts with the appropriate vendor.

Return to “Accounting”