Document Management

A forum for discussing other Vision modules such as Visualization, HR, Payroll, etc.
MKorn
Company: SSOE, Inc.
Brief Company Description: SSOE, Inc. is a full service A/E consulting firm with 17 domestic offices (based in Toledo, Ohio) and 1 international office in Shanghai, China. We principally service the Healthcare, Retail, Energy, Industrial (Manuafacturing, Auto, Chemical, Glass, Food & Beverage, and Personal Care) and Science & Technology (Education, Government and Pharmaceutical) markets.
Deltek Vision Version: 4.1
Number of Employees: 1000
Company Position: Controller
Vision Modules: All modules except Payroll, H/R, and Visualization
Number of Offices: 18
Year Vision Installed: 2007

Document Management

Postby MKorn » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:16 am

Is anyone using the document management feature of Deltek>?

JenniferS
Company: Pate Engineers, Inc.
Brief Company Description: Pate Engineers, Inc. is a firm of full service Civil Engineers and Surveyors specializing in Public Works, Transportation, & Land Development with offices in Houston (Corporate), Dallas, Austin, Fort Worth, Arlington and San Antonio, Texas.
Deltek Vision Version: 3.0
Number of Employees: 270
Company Position: Marketing Coordinator
Vision Modules: CRM, Accounting, Proposals and others, I'm sure.
Number of Offices: 6
Year Vision Installed: 2003

Re: Document Management

Postby JenniferS » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:31 pm

Isn't that a feature of 5.1? It's something I'm definitely interested in as we have so much data to manage in marketing, especially photography. It manages that, too right?
Jennifer Selby | p: 713.462.3178 | jselby@pateeng.com
Pate Engineers, Inc. | http://www.pateeng.com
Primary Contact for the Houston Vision User Group

MKorn
Company: SSOE, Inc.
Brief Company Description: SSOE, Inc. is a full service A/E consulting firm with 17 domestic offices (based in Toledo, Ohio) and 1 international office in Shanghai, China. We principally service the Healthcare, Retail, Energy, Industrial (Manuafacturing, Auto, Chemical, Glass, Food & Beverage, and Personal Care) and Science & Technology (Education, Government and Pharmaceutical) markets.
Deltek Vision Version: 4.1
Number of Employees: 1000
Company Position: Controller
Vision Modules: All modules except Payroll, H/R, and Visualization
Number of Offices: 18
Year Vision Installed: 2007

Re: Document Management

Postby MKorn » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:10 am

We went live with 4.1 last year and upgraded to 5.1 in February. Seems to me the document management feature was part of version 4.1 as well. We're just getting around to looking at it. I know our marketing team is very interested as well. The admin groups of SSOE are somewhat independantly looking at our storage and retrieval processes. We're seperately performing our own needs analysis and research and will convene later this month to decide on a path forward. Right now, at a high level, the deltek tool looks versatile with the exception of the effort it will take to input the images (Accounts Payable specifically). I'm looking for feedback on the deltek document management tool or other resources companies are using and how those "other" resources link to Vision.

Return to “Other Vision Modules”