2011 Payroll Tax Update automatically adjusts itself

A forum for discussing other Vision modules such as Visualization, HR, Payroll, etc.
Gerald Cox
Site Admin
Company: Hurt & Proffitt, Inc.
Brief Company Description: We are primarily a Civil Engineering and Surveying firm that offers a few other supporting services. We upgraded to Vision from Advantage in 2005.
Deltek Vision Version: 5.1
Number of Employees: 70
Company Position: IT Director
Vision Modules: Accounting / Billing / Time & Expense / Payroll / CRM / Proposals / Planning
Number of Offices: 3
Year Vision Installed: 2005
Vision User Group: Richmond, VA

2011 Payroll Tax Update automatically adjusts itself

Postby Gerald Cox » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:20 pm

Maybe this will save someone else some time. Today we couldn't figure out why our payroll tax calculation was showing about 2.3% instead of 4.2% after the second year end udpate to update payroll tax withholding.

Apparently, if you have already run a payroll for the year, Vision adjusts the calculation on the next payroll run to make the YTD 4.2%. I didn't think this was well documented (not at all on the hot fix page) so I thought I'd post it here.

Here is knowledgebase article about it: https://deltek.custhelp.com/app/answers ... x%20update

It seems that the second bullet in the article should be removed if Vision is calculating the difference, as documented in the fourth bullet.

Return to “Other Vision Modules”