Advantage payroll question

A forum for discussing other Vision modules such as Visualization, HR, Payroll, etc.
Karen Sigel
Company: Buchart Horn, Inc.
Brief Company Description: A full-service international engineering and architectural firm, BH was founded in 1945 by friends Clair S. Buchart, AIA and Russell E. Horn, PE. BH was one of the first professional consulting companies to combine engineering and architecture under one roof. That innovation was fueled by a simple premise: it was better for clients if engineers and architects would cooperate rather than compete on projects. Simple ideas are often the most powerful; today the firm’s professional and support personnel serve local, state, and federal government clients around the world.
Deltek Vision Version: 7.0
Number of Employees: 200
Company Position: CRM Resources Coordinator
Vision Modules: CRM & Proposals/MODI
Number of Offices: 15
Year Vision Installed: 1999

Advantage payroll question

Postby Karen Sigel » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:31 pm

I don't know if anyone in this group is a current or former Advantage user, but an Advantage user from the Philadelphia area is having trouble getting support from Deltek on the following question and contacted me to ask me to post it for him. If anyone can give him an answer, please let me know and I'll pass it on and/or put you in touch.

Ms. Sigel: my thanks for your help. This is my question:

In payroll, the system is not deducting an individual's 125 plan health insurance deduction from gross and is consequently calculating FICA and Medicare on the wrong base. Can anyone tell me what to do to get the system to compute correctly?

If anyone can help, please let me know. Thanks-

Karen
Karen L. Sigel
Buchart Horn, Inc.
717 852-1465
http://www.bucharthorn.com

Gerald Cox
Site Admin
Company: Hurt & Proffitt, Inc.
Brief Company Description: We are primarily a Civil Engineering and Surveying firm that offers a few other supporting services. We upgraded to Vision from Advantage in 2005.
Deltek Vision Version: 5.1
Number of Employees: 70
Company Position: IT Director
Vision Modules: Accounting / Billing / Time & Expense / Payroll / CRM / Proposals / Planning
Number of Offices: 3
Year Vision Installed: 2005
Vision User Group: Richmond, VA

Re: Advantage payroll question

Postby Gerald Cox » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:38 pm

Did this just start happening suddenly? Have they verified that the withholding codes are setup properly as cafeteria type codes under payroll?

Karen Sigel
Brief Company Description: A full-service international engineering and architectural firm, BH was founded in 1945 by friends Clair S. Buchart, AIA and Russell E. Horn, PE. BH was one of the first professional consulting companies to combine engineering and architecture under one roof. That innovation was fueled by a simple premise: it was better for clients if engineers and architects would cooperate rather than compete on projects. Simple ideas are often the most powerful; today the firm’s professional and support personnel serve local, state, and federal government clients around the world.

Postby Karen Sigel » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:47 pm

I'll find out. Thanks, Gerald!
Karen L. Sigel
Buchart Horn, Inc.
717 852-1465

Karen Sigel

Postby Karen Sigel » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:02 am

Here, finally is a response:

Hello Karen. I am at wit's end. My system might be faulty. I have the 125 deductions set up in payroll withholding maintenance as "cafeteria" but the system is still calculating on the wrong base.

I'm not sure what people mean by sequence number. The number that the deduction is? That is, fifth out of ten? I don't think I can change the sequence once there is data in the withholding.

Oh well, there is always manual calculation!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Karen L. Sigel
Buchart Horn, Inc.
717 852-1465

Gerald Cox
Site Admin
Company: Hurt & Proffitt, Inc.
Brief Company Description: We are primarily a Civil Engineering and Surveying firm that offers a few other supporting services. We upgraded to Vision from Advantage in 2005.
Deltek Vision Version: 5.1
Number of Employees: 70
Company Position: IT Director
Vision Modules: Accounting / Billing / Time & Expense / Payroll / CRM / Proposals / Planning
Number of Offices: 3
Year Vision Installed: 2005
Vision User Group: Richmond, VA

Postby Gerald Cox » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:48 pm

I realize that we're talking about Advantage but the Vision Help file says this: "The sequence number (The value in the Seq field on the Payroll Withholding Setup form or dialog) determines the order Vision uses to calculate taxes when the withholding is added to the Additional Deductions from Wages grid of another withholding. If the calculation of one withholding is dependant on another, it is important that the withholding to be calculated first have a lower sequence number (for example, if 401k needs to be calculated before Federal, 401k should have a lower sequence number than Federal). For more information about defining how withholdings calculate, see Create User-Defined Rules for Calculating Wages by Withholding."

Karen Sigel

Postby Karen Sigel » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:51 pm

Thanks again!
Karen L. Sigel
Buchart Horn, Inc.
717 852-1465