SharePoint Foundation and Vision SQL Database

A forum for discussing other Vision modules such as Visualization, HR, Payroll, etc.
nradhakrishnan
Brief Company Description: Medium sized Engineering/Construction company
Deltek Vision Version: 6.1
Number of Employees: 70
Company Position: Database Administrator
Vision Modules: Time Sheet, Document Management
Number of Offices: 0
Year Vision Installed: 2010

SharePoint Foundation and Vision SQL Database

Postby nradhakrishnan » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:31 am

Hi, we are using SharePoint Foundation as a Time Off Approval site that allows users to digitally request time off and have it approved by their manager. We wanted to tie in Vision to SharePoint and pull available hours into Sharepoint. I was able to find/modify a query that allows me to pull all of the Time Off from Vision's SQL Server database but when I use the BDC component of SharePoint I get the following error.

http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/03/a ... ientWSE012: The input was not a valid SOAP message because the following header is missing: SOAPAction.http://dev-spf-m04:20538/_vti_bin/webpartpages.asmx

I am able to setup the connection in SharePoints Business Data Connectivity Service with no errors, but when I go to view the newly created external list I get the above error. I am able to connect to other databases with no issue but there is something about the Vision Database that prevents me from viewing the data as an external list in SharePoint. This isn't a rights issue as the user connecting has full rights to the database. The table only contains 20 or so records so I know it's not the size of the recordset coming back. Does anybody have any suggestions? Obviously there is something different about how the Vision Database is setup, but I haven't been able to find anything.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Return to “Other Vision Modules”