Direct Deposit and Checks

A forum for discussing other Vision modules such as Visualization, HR, Payroll, etc.
Gerald Cox
Site Admin
Company: Hurt & Proffitt, Inc.
Brief Company Description: We are primarily a Civil Engineering and Surveying firm that offers a few other supporting services. We upgraded to Vision from Advantage in 2005.
Deltek Vision Version: 5.1
Number of Employees: 70
Company Position: IT Director
Vision Modules: Accounting / Billing / Time & Expense / Payroll / CRM / Proposals / Planning
Number of Offices: 3
Year Vision Installed: 2005
Vision User Group: Richmond, VA

Direct Deposit and Checks

Postby Gerald Cox » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:08 pm

How are others handling Direct Deposit and checks? My company still hands out voided checks so users can view their check stubs. There has been talk of allowing employees access to Employee Review so they can access this information without the work involved of printing and handing it out. Is anyone doing anything similar to this?

Gerald Cox
Site Admin
Brief Company Description: We are primarily a Civil Engineering and Surveying firm that offers a few other supporting services. We upgraded to Vision from Advantage in 2005.
Vision Modules: Accounting / Billing / Time & Expense / Payroll / CRM / Proposals / Planning

Re: Direct Deposit and Checks

Postby Gerald Cox » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:06 am

Does anyone else use Vision to process payroll? Can you tell me the procedure you're using for not printing direct deposit paychecks? We had thought we would allow employees to access Employee Review to see their earnings; however, we've discovered that by limiting employee ability from seeing everyone's Employee Review also limits any other kind of Employee Lookup (efficiencies, labor detail, etc.). This seems to be a major conflict and we have determined that we cannot proceed if this is the case. Does anyone have any suggestions here?

krazee
Brief Company Description: Civil Engineering
Deltek Vision Version: 4.1
Number of Employees: 50
Company Position: Accountant & Vision Manager
Vision Modules: Accounting, Payroll, Planning, CRM, Billing, Time & Expense
Number of Offices: 1
Year Vision Installed: 2007

Postby krazee » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:27 pm

Our company uses Vision Payroll and the majority of our employees get direct deposit. We still give out the "non-negotitable" printouts from Vision, but our system is also setup for employees to use Employee Review for pulling up their own paystubs. I would like to get away from the paper printouts, but too many are "old school" here for the time being that I don't see it happening in the near term. The majority of our staff does not have access to view employee cost (ie wages), but can run reports that detail the days and hours an employee worked on the project. I can't point you to the magic setting in security that maybe you are missing, but I personally tested the security before we went live and the Employee Review is limted the employee logged in. If you have further questions on the settings, I will try to help you, but I am not an expert by far.

Gerald Cox
Site Admin

Postby Gerald Cox » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:24 am

We were on Vision 4.1 when I made this post. On 4.1, this is the way the software worked. In 5.1 Deltek released a hotfix to prevent this behavior. With the 5.1 hotfix, if an employee cannot see cost, then they will not be able to see other employee records in Employee Review. So the upgrade to 5.1 and the hotfix got us where we needed to be. We still haven't phased our printed voided checks but we plan to make that happen at the first of the year.

Return to “Other Vision Modules”