Deltek Connect Customer Forums

Welcome to the Deltek Vision User Forum.
Gerald Cox
Site Admin
Company: Hurt & Proffitt, Inc.
Brief Company Description: We are primarily a Civil Engineering and Surveying firm that offers a few other supporting services. We upgraded to Vision from Advantage in 2005.
Deltek Vision Version: 5.1
Number of Employees: 70
Company Position: IT Director
Vision Modules: Accounting / Billing / Time & Expense / Payroll / CRM / Proposals / Planning
Number of Offices: 3
Year Vision Installed: 2005
Vision User Group: Richmond, VA

Deltek Connect Customer Forums

Postby Gerald Cox » Wed May 20, 2009 9:44 am

Deltek has just launched a new forum at the support site: http://support.deltek.com. The forum should prove to be a great resource that both customers and employees will be participating in. As for this forum, I'm not sure exactly what the future holds. I think this forum still has great value for things like Regional User Group communication and discussing topics that might be considered taboo on the offical Deltek forum, but I expect the offical forum will have much more exposure and really, that's what it's all about. Bringing as many people together to share ideas.

So if you haven't seen the Deltek Connect Customer Forums yet, please check them out. I'll be hanging out at both forums for now.

mdobler
Company: Banks-Hill Systems Ltd.
Brief Company Description: Established in 1983, Banks-Hill Systems focus is to partner with organizations to their business process requirements. Our clients range from small local businesses to large public organizations with offices throughout the world. Partnered with organizations extending into the United States, Europe and the Middle East, Banks-Hill Systems is able to offer you service and support to almost any location of deployment. Banks-Hill Systems is proud to be a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, an IBM Business Partner and a Deltek Certified Partner. For more information on Banks-Hill, please visit our website at www.bankshill.com.
Deltek Vision Version: 4.1
Number of Employees: 30
Company Position: Director Deltek Solutions
Number of Offices: 1

Re: Deltek Connect Customer Forums

Postby mdobler » Wed May 20, 2009 1:17 pm

Should we post on both forums?
Michael Dobler
Director Deltek Solutions AB

Banks-Hill Systems Ltd.
Edmonton, AB
Canada

Gerald Cox
Site Admin
Brief Company Description: We are primarily a Civil Engineering and Surveying firm that offers a few other supporting services. We upgraded to Vision from Advantage in 2005.
Vision Modules: Accounting / Billing / Time & Expense / Payroll / CRM / Proposals / Planning

Postby Gerald Cox » Wed May 20, 2009 1:41 pm

Really, it's your choice. I'll be trolling both forums. My intent in the post above was to alert other Vision users that there is another resource that is "blessed" by Deltek. I'll be reserving final judgement for a few months but things look pretty positive initially.

KristaJD
Company: Moffatt & Nichol
Brief Company Description: Engineering firm - providing engineering services that concentrate on Maritime / Transportaiton projects.
Deltek Vision Version: 4.1
Number of Employees: 600
Company Position: Vision System Admin
Vision Modules: Accounting, Time, Expense, Billing, CRM, Resource Planning, Custom Proposals, MultiCurrency, Mobile App, Payroll
Number of Offices: 0
Year Vision Installed: 2003

Postby KristaJD » Wed May 20, 2009 4:52 pm

Has anyone experienced the "permission denied" error when trying to use/access the forum? I can't register because of this error but I can view posts. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I would really like to be able to fully utilize the site. Deltek suport didn't have anything on this issue.....

Krista
Moffatt & Nichol

3780 Kilroy Airport Way, Suite 750
Long Beach, CA 90806

D: 562.308.5342
M: 562.590.6500 Ext. 25342
F: 562.590.6513

Gerald Cox
Site Admin

Postby Gerald Cox » Wed May 20, 2009 5:19 pm

This happened to me on setup and something similar happens almost every time I load the forum, however, it only happens one or two times and then lets me in.

steph
Brief Company Description: Environmental Engineering Firm
Number of Employees: 1500
Company Position: Finance Systems Director
Vision Modules: Accounting, CRM
Number of Offices: 70
Year Vision Installed: 2006
Vision User Group: Boston, MA

Postby steph » Thu May 21, 2009 1:45 pm

I imagine some things will come up that you won't want to post over there :o