Missing Workflow Operators

Documentation of wish list items that have been submitted by our users.
Gerald Cox
Site Admin
Company: Hurt & Proffitt, Inc.
Brief Company Description: We are primarily a Civil Engineering and Surveying firm that offers a few other supporting services. We upgraded to Vision from Advantage in 2005.
Deltek Vision Version: 5.1
Number of Employees: 70
Company Position: IT Director
Vision Modules: Accounting / Billing / Time & Expense / Payroll / CRM / Proposals / Planning
Number of Offices: 3
Year Vision Installed: 2005
Vision User Group: Richmond, VA

Missing Workflow Operators

Postby Gerald Cox » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:29 am

I recently attempted to create a workflow that would produce an error message when a phone number is not structured in a certain format. First, I wanted to verify that that all phone numbers did not contain parentheses. Unfortunately, I found that there is no contains operator. With no "wildcard" operator, the workflows are limited to equals, not equals, less than, greater than, less or equal, greater or equal, has changed, has not changed, empty, not empty. I contacted support and they confirmed that it was missing some operators that are available in other places in the software. I requested it be put on the wish list.

If anyone knows how to generate an error based on the format of entered data, please let me know. Thanks.

stevestolz
Company: Central Consulting Group
Brief Company Description: Deltek Premier Partner - Vision implementations, custom reports, custom applications integrated into Vision
Newforma integrations with Vision
Sepialine reseller
Deltek Vision Version: 4.1
Number of Employees: 30
Company Position: Partner
Vision Modules: Accounting, Billing, Time, Expense, Payroll, Project Planning, CRM, Visualization, Purchasing, Document Management
Number of Offices: 0
Year Vision Installed: 2002

Re: Missing Workflow Operators

Postby stevestolz » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:42 pm

Your only option at this time is to write a custom method (DLL). The custom method can check anything whatsoever and return either an error (stops the save) or a warning (allows the save).
Steve Stolz
Central Consulting Group
Deltek Vision Electronic Invoicing
Deltek Vision Credit Card Reconciliation
Deltek Vision Billing Status Tracking

Return to “Wish List Items”