Project Budget Worksheet Billing Rate Table Access

Documentation of wish list items that have been submitted by our users.
Gerald Cox
Site Admin
Company: Hurt & Proffitt, Inc.
Brief Company Description: We are primarily a Civil Engineering and Surveying firm that offers a few other supporting services. We upgraded to Vision from Advantage in 2005.
Deltek Vision Version: 5.1
Number of Employees: 70
Company Position: IT Director
Vision Modules: Accounting / Billing / Time & Expense / Payroll / CRM / Proposals / Planning
Number of Offices: 3
Year Vision Installed: 2005
Vision User Group: Richmond, VA

Project Budget Worksheet Billing Rate Table Access

Postby Gerald Cox » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:41 am

Strangely, Project Budget Worksheets do not access the Billing Rate Tables. This means that I have to rely on my PMs to enter accurate billing rates when creating a Project Budget Worksheet, although the Project Budget Worksheet is connected to a project that references a Billing Rate table. I have submitted this as a wish list item and you should too!

cjk
Deltek Vision Version: 4.1
Number of Employees: 125
Vision Modules: CRM, Payroll
Number of Offices: 0
Year Vision Installed: 2008

Re: Project Budget Worksheet Billing Rate Table Access

Postby cjk » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:32 am

This is sorely needed. We get alot of zero billing extensions because someone copies the wrong set of avail codes that don't tie into the rate table. We only have about 350 to choose from!
I can't believe they didn't fix this in Advantage and to my huge disappointment, it's the same in Vision.

Something as simple as column of check boxes labelled "Copy codes to Project Budget Worksheet" in the rate table, and a corresponding "Copy codes from rate table" button in PBW, would work.

Gerald Cox
Site Admin
Company: Hurt & Proffitt, Inc.
Brief Company Description: We are primarily a Civil Engineering and Surveying firm that offers a few other supporting services. We upgraded to Vision from Advantage in 2005.
Deltek Vision Version: 5.1
Number of Employees: 70
Company Position: IT Director
Vision Modules: Accounting / Billing / Time & Expense / Payroll / CRM / Proposals / Planning
Number of Offices: 3
Year Vision Installed: 2005
Vision User Group: Richmond, VA

Postby Gerald Cox » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:35 am

I totally agree. The data is all there. It's shocking that something so simple is not taken care of in the system.

crkConsultant
Brief Company Description: Personal consulting firm
Deltek Vision Version: 4.1
Number of Employees: 2
Company Position: Consultant
Vision Modules: all
Number of Offices: 0
Year Vision Installed: 2003

Postby crkConsultant » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:33 pm

Unfortunately, Deltek's policy is that it is fixed. You simply switch to the planning module, where you have all that functionality (and then some). Basically, planning was developed as a replacement budgeting tool for the worksheet, which is why it is lacking in the project management aspect. But because of that, it's highly doubtful they will update the worksheet. Worth a try, tho!

Return to “Wish List Items”