Stored Procedure Examples

Documentation of wish list items that have been submitted by our users.
davidsims
Deltek Vision Version: 4.1
Company Position: Seeking employment

Stored Procedure Examples

Postby davidsims » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:06 am

There are a ton of things that can only be done with Stored Procedures in Vision. It would be helpful if Deltek put out a guide on how to set up a stored procedure. Whenever I contact support, they want to charge me extra for stored procedures and custom workflows, but in my opinion, this information is vital to using the software.
David Sims, CPA, MSA

Gerald Cox
Site Admin
Company: Hurt & Proffitt, Inc.
Brief Company Description: We are primarily a Civil Engineering and Surveying firm that offers a few other supporting services. We upgraded to Vision from Advantage in 2005.
Deltek Vision Version: 5.1
Number of Employees: 70
Company Position: IT Director
Vision Modules: Accounting / Billing / Time & Expense / Payroll / CRM / Proposals / Planning
Number of Offices: 3
Year Vision Installed: 2005
Vision User Group: Richmond, VA

Re: Stored Procedure Examples

Postby Gerald Cox » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:47 am

This would be very helpful. I'll be sure to mention it next time I talk to support.

courtenaybernier
Company: GeoEngineers, Inc.
Brief Company Description: GeoEngineers offers an integrated suite of services for companies looking to build communities, harness and manage the earth’s resources, and move both products and people. We operate at the intersection of earth science and technology, and we call on our expertise in both disciplines to deliver results for our clients and improve our world.
Number of Employees: 400
Company Position: Information Technology Manager
Vision Modules: Payroll, Sync Server, Accounting, Expense, Purchasing, CRM, Billing, Time, Project Control
Number of Offices: 15
Year Vision Installed: 2008

Postby courtenaybernier » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:53 am

What type of stored procs are you looking for? We may have a few examples to provide.

davidsims
Company Position: Seeking employment

Postby davidsims » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:08 pm

At the moment, I think I have figured out everything I need to do, but when I first started, I didn't have a clue.

We have 11 SPs set up now. Most of them fill in grids with change information from the info centers. (Fee Change Grid) One of them updates billing rates when the employee's salary is changed.
David Sims, CPA, MSA

matthew.rummler
Brief Company Description: Large scale construction,engineering, project management, etc... company
Number of Employees: 10000
Company Position: Business Systems Analyst
Vision Modules: CRM, Proposals, Multicurrency, Sync, and a few visualizations licenses
Number of Offices: 0
Year Vision Installed: 2005

Postby matthew.rummler » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:55 pm

Hi David

At one point Deltek supplied me with a stored procedure to move data between Infocenters... While, under just the right circumstances the stored procedure would have been valuable I wasn't really able to use any of it.
What I think might be hand is a general framework example (which I was already beyond by the time they provided their example).
However if it will be helpful I will be happy to post the example they provided...

Return to “Wish List Items”