Workflow or Stored Procedure to Copy Custom Field from Client/Company Info Center to Opportunity Info Center

A forum for User Initated & Scheduled Workflows
AOK
Deltek Vision Version: 7.0
Number of Employees: 100
Number of Offices: 0
Year Vision Installed: 1999

Workflow or Stored Procedure to Copy Custom Field from Client/Company Info Center to Opportunity Info Center

Postby AOK » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:18 pm

Hello,

I'm trying to wrap my head around how Workflows and Stored Procedures work in Vision. Can someone help point me in the right direct? I'm trying to accomplish auto-populating a User Defined Field (UDF) in the Opportunity Info Center from the UDF in Client/Company Info Center. Can this be done with a User Initiated Workflow or must it be a Stored Procedure?

A bit more detail:
When a user is creating a new Opportunity, Primary Company is a required field. When that Primary Company is chosen, I want the CRA of that Primary Company to be pulled from the Client/Company Info Center and populate the Opportunity UDF named CRA automagically.

The Logic:
Opportunity.ClientID not empty then OpportunityCustomTabFields.custCRA = ClientCustomTabFields.custCRA

If this must be a Stored Procedure called from a Workflow, can I simply make a SP in SQL Server Management Studio under server_name->Databases->Vision->Programmability->Stored Procedures right click New Store Procedure and then call it from within Vision->Configuration->Workflow->Application: Opportunities->some workflow->Actions->Insert->Stored Procedure and reference the name of the SP that I created in SQL SMS?

Thank you,
Austin

aadilnaeem
Brief Company Description: antechsol

email: adil@antechsol.com
Deltek Vision Version: 7.0
Number of Employees: 0
Number of Offices: 0
Year Vision Installed: 2009

Re: Workflow or Stored Procedure to Copy Custom Field from Client/Company Info Center to Opportunity Info Center

Postby aadilnaeem » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:52 am

Hi

You need to have a knowledge of sql and stored procedure. your stored procedure should return some value (from select statement) which will be populated by workflow and show on UDF field.

Return to “User Initiated & Scheduled Workflows”