How to save a scheduled report?

A forum for User Initated & Scheduled Workflows
mbollinger
Deltek Vision Version: 6.1
Number of Employees: 150
Number of Offices: 0

How to save a scheduled report?

Postby mbollinger » Wed May 16, 2012 2:30 pm

I've been reading through the Deltek Vision 6.1 SP1 documentation and it would appear that you can 'schedule' a report to be generated. I've looked through the configuration options but I don't see how to declare where the generated report is saved. Is there some missing option? I set up an example report, scheduled it to run 10 minutes later, used the got a email that "Vision Process Server: Completed Job" but I can't find the report anywhere.

Gerald Cox
Site Admin
Company: Hurt & Proffitt, Inc.
Brief Company Description: We are primarily a Civil Engineering and Surveying firm that offers a few other supporting services. We upgraded to Vision from Advantage in 2005.
Deltek Vision Version: 5.1
Number of Employees: 70
Company Position: IT Director
Vision Modules: Accounting / Billing / Time & Expense / Payroll / CRM / Proposals / Planning
Number of Offices: 3
Year Vision Installed: 2005
Vision User Group: Richmond, VA

Re: How to save a scheduled report?

Postby Gerald Cox » Wed May 16, 2012 3:16 pm

You can choose where to print the report with the options button at the bottom of the Schedule window. I prefer the email option though. You can create an email schedule by clicking "Email" on the reports grid, selecting the recipient and then clicking the Schedule button.

mbollinger
Deltek Vision Version: 6.1
Number of Employees: 150
Number of Offices: 0

Postby mbollinger » Thu May 17, 2012 11:25 am

Thanks Gerald. I ended up calling Deltek support and they said the default location for the saved reports is on the app server in c$\Program Files (x86)\Deltek\Vision\Reports\SavedFiles\<databasename>\<username>\

As far as I can tell this is not documented.

Gerald Cox
Site Admin
Company: Hurt & Proffitt, Inc.
Brief Company Description: We are primarily a Civil Engineering and Surveying firm that offers a few other supporting services. We upgraded to Vision from Advantage in 2005.
Deltek Vision Version: 5.1
Number of Employees: 70
Company Position: IT Director
Vision Modules: Accounting / Billing / Time & Expense / Payroll / CRM / Proposals / Planning
Number of Offices: 3
Year Vision Installed: 2005
Vision User Group: Richmond, VA

Postby Gerald Cox » Thu May 17, 2012 11:11 pm

Thanks for the tip!

Return to “User Initiated & Scheduled Workflows”