Deltek Vision Version: 7.0
Number of Employees: 0
Company Position: Accounting Manager
Number of Offices: 0
Year Vision Installed: 2008
Vision User Group: Richmond, VA

Client Status Workflow

Postby Helene » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:25 pm

Does anyone know if it is possible to create either a user iniated or a scheduled worflow to change a client status.
We have a field where we select if a client is an active client or a prospect client. We are using the field "currentstatus" for that.
I wish to create a workflow that would change the client from prospect to existing once the first proejct is created for a client.
I'm not very familiar with workflow yet but i was thinking a scheduled worflow would look at all the prospect clients and if there is at least one project in the client's project grid then the client type should be changed from prospect to existing.

I don't know how to setup the workflow and if it is even possible to reference a grid in a workflow.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

meaglin
Brief Company Description: Deltek Vision Consultant
Deltek Vision Version: 6.1
Number of Employees: 2
Company Position: Owner/Consultant
Vision Modules: ALL
Year Vision Installed: 2005
Vision User Group: Utah

Re: Client Status Workflow

Postby meaglin » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:29 pm

Sure this is definitely possible. I would need to see your screens via a Go To Meeting or somehow remotely to assist. Let me know if you wish to engage and contact me below...
Mel Eaglin
meaglin@vrsllc.com
Visionary Reporting Solutions
San Diego, CA 92109
http://www.vrsllc.com/
http://www.deltekvisionconsultant.com/deltekvisionblog
Phone: (858) 245-8956
"Skype Name: mel.eaglin"

Emma Howard
Brief Company Description: WSP Group Africa - 900 users in Africa, subsidiary of WSP Group PLC - 9000 users worldwide, Deltek Vision user since 2009. Engineering company supplying all engineering services from Mechanical through to Green Energy
Deltek Vision Version: 6.1
Number of Employees: 900
Company Position: Deltek Project Manager
Vision Modules: Info Centres, Accounting, Time and Expense, CRM, Custom Proposals
Year Vision Installed: 2009

Re: Client Status Workflow

Postby Emma Howard » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:31 am

This would require a stored procedure as you are looking at grid information - run a nightly stored procedure to check the number of records for a client in the grid, if over 1 then set to active. I would also use this stored procedure to check the last date a project was added and perhaps if this date is more than a year ago we could utilise to remind the marketing team to contact the client for additional work?

Return to “User Initiated & Scheduled Workflows”