Brief Company Description: MEP Engineering
Deltek Vision Version: 6.2
Number of Employees: 120
Company Position: PMO
Number of Offices: 0
Year Vision Installed: 2006

Alert when time charged to inactive project

Postby Allyn » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:01 pm

Anyone out there who can share a WF to alert PM via email when someone charges time to an inactive project.

Gerald Cox
Site Admin
Company: Hurt & Proffitt, Inc.
Brief Company Description: We are primarily a Civil Engineering and Surveying firm that offers a few other supporting services. We upgraded to Vision from Advantage in 2005.
Deltek Vision Version: 5.1
Number of Employees: 70
Company Position: IT Director
Vision Modules: Accounting / Billing / Time & Expense / Payroll / CRM / Proposals / Planning
Number of Offices: 3
Year Vision Installed: 2005
Vision User Group: Richmond, VA

Re: Alert when time charged to inactive project

Postby Gerald Cox » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:45 pm

I don't believe it is possible to charge time to an inactive project in Vision. At least it is not possible on our system. Maybe that's an option and I'm not aware of it.

Emma Howard
Brief Company Description: WSP Group Africa - 900 users in Africa, subsidiary of WSP Group PLC - 9000 users worldwide, Deltek Vision user since 2009. Engineering company supplying all engineering services from Mechanical through to Green Energy
Deltek Vision Version: 6.1
Number of Employees: 900
Company Position: Deltek Project Manager
Vision Modules: Info Centres, Accounting, Time and Expense, CRM, Custom Proposals
Year Vision Installed: 2009

Postby Emma Howard » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:03 am

You can't charge time to an inactive project. However if you are finding that your staff somehow are able to, this would require a stored procedure. I would use the DB_SENDMAIL function within your stored procedure to send off the mail. I would also run this as a scheduled "workflow" as you cannot fire a workflow on the time and expense module

Allyn

Postby Allyn » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:13 am

We are able to charge time to an inactive (and Promotional) project. And, we have no stored procedure. When charging time the user does receive a pop-up warning. I think that the ability to charge time to an inactive project is due to an unchecked box:
Configuration --> General --> TIme & Expense --> Company Timesheet Configuration --> Setup tab --> TImesheet Admin Options --> Treat Inactive Projects as Dormant (un-checked).

Thanks for looking at this for me.

Allyn

Gerald Cox
Site Admin
Company: Hurt & Proffitt, Inc.
Brief Company Description: We are primarily a Civil Engineering and Surveying firm that offers a few other supporting services. We upgraded to Vision from Advantage in 2005.
Deltek Vision Version: 5.1
Number of Employees: 70
Company Position: IT Director
Vision Modules: Accounting / Billing / Time & Expense / Payroll / CRM / Proposals / Planning
Number of Offices: 3
Year Vision Installed: 2005
Vision User Group: Richmond, VA

Postby Gerald Cox » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:32 am

Ah, yes. I remember that setting. Would disabling this ability cure your issue?

Allyn

Postby Allyn » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:29 pm

Not really... I'm just trying to trigger an alert when time is charged to a project with the status of Inactive. I was thinking of using a user initiated WF to monitor the TKLabor field and look for changes, but i cannot seem to make it work. I remember (i think) having the option of setting up an alert as described - but that was several years ago - maybe ver 5.2 had the capability and is now removed.

Return to “User Initiated & Scheduled Workflows”