Nav Tree Designer

General discussion relating to Deltek Vision.
dkaptur
Brief Company Description: Environmental company
Deltek Vision Version: 6.1
Number of Employees: 200
Company Position: controller
Vision Modules: f
Number of Offices: 0
Year Vision Installed: 2011

Nav Tree Designer

Postby dkaptur » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:57 pm

Good afternoon,
Has anybody worked with the NavTree Designer? I'm looking for complete instructions on what the different action name are used for. The usual response that I received from Deltek is to call the consulting department for help.

Please help,

Thanks
Don

kevin@klcoles.com
Brief Company Description: KL Coles ERP Consultants is an independant Vision, ERP and IT consulting firm based in Vancouver, Canada
Deltek Vision Version: 6.1
Number of Employees: 1
Company Position: Owner
Vision Modules: All
Number of Offices: 0
Year Vision Installed: 2005
Vision User Group: Vancouver

Re: Nav Tree Designer

Postby kevin@klcoles.com » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:16 am

Hi Don,

I'm not sure what you're looking to do but in a nutshell:

Parent - Exactly what the name indicates. It's just a container for placing additional menu items under
Open Application - Allows you to call upoutside programs by specifying the path to the executable. You can also add arguments (switches) and open it framed inside Vision or in a pop-up
HTTP - Let's you link to outside web pages, again in a Vision frame or in a pop-up window
File - links you to any file on any drive or UNC path that is accessible to your users
Web Outlook - Let's you put Microsoft OWA (Outlook Web Access) into your Vision application
Report - Allows you to have a direct link to any favorite report. I find this very useful for giving one-click access to pre-configured reports and in some instances have even shut users out of reporting altogether and only given them on-click reports.

The help system describes all of the above in more detail so no need to go to Deltek!

Cheers,

Kevin Coles
KL Coles ERP Consultants

Return to “General”