Contact Info Center - Client Address vs. Other/Home Address

General discussion relating to Deltek Vision.
kdionne
Brief Company Description: Full service architectural and engineering firm
Deltek Vision Version: 6.1
Number of Employees: 90
Company Position: Marketing Manager
Vision Modules: CRM, Accounting
Number of Offices: 0
Year Vision Installed: 2011

Contact Info Center - Client Address vs. Other/Home Address

Postby kdionne » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:40 pm

I am currently using Vision 6.1. In the Contact Info Center, when you enter a new contact, the address type defaults to Other/Home Address. I understand that if you link to a Client before entering an address, then the address type defaults to Client Address. We recently merged our Deltek CRM database into Vision, and most of the Contact Addresses ended up defaulting to Other/Home Address. Is there a search and replace or some kind of workflow that can change these Other/Home Addresses to Client Addresses? Also, is there a way to change the default from Other/Home Address to Client Address?

I have also found when doing an Advanced Search in the Contact Info Center, that I cannot add Client Address as a selected field, it only allows me to choose Other/Home Address. This keeps me from being able to run a quick mailing list using the Advanced Search in the Contact Info Center. Any idea if there will be a fix to this issue in the next version of Vision?

Thank you.

Gerald Cox
Site Admin
Company: Hurt & Proffitt, Inc.
Brief Company Description: We are primarily a Civil Engineering and Surveying firm that offers a few other supporting services. We upgraded to Vision from Advantage in 2005.
Deltek Vision Version: 5.1
Number of Employees: 70
Company Position: IT Director
Vision Modules: Accounting / Billing / Time & Expense / Payroll / CRM / Proposals / Planning
Number of Offices: 3
Year Vision Installed: 2005
Vision User Group: Richmond, VA

Re: Contact Info Center - Client Address vs. Other/Home Address

Postby Gerald Cox » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:34 am

I'm not sure on a "Search & Replace" option, but when entering a contact if you browse to the Client record and then add the Contact, the Contact's address will default to the Client's default.

I'm not sure that I understand your other issue regarding Advanced Search. Where did you want to add a Client Address as a select field? A report?

Return to “General”