Avery 5160 Merge Template

A forum for Deltek Vision CRM & Proposals.
smcchord
Brief Company Description: An Architecture, Interior Design, Civil Engineering and Landscape Architectural firm serving educational clients in Kentucky for more than 40 years.
Deltek Vision Version: 6.1
Number of Employees: 46
Company Position: Marketing Manager
Vision Modules: Accounting & CRM
Number of Offices: 0
Year Vision Installed: 2007

Avery 5160 Merge Template

Postby smcchord » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:45 am

Hey, all!

I'm looking for a merge template for Avery 5160 (standard) address labels. I know I can print a group of records to a label report, however that report doesn't seem to line up with my labels for whatever reason, and adjusting it after the fact is next to impossible. I'm thinking a merge template will offer the flexibility I'm looking for.

Has anyone had success in creating a Word label merge template? If so, would you be willing to share it?

Stacey

Karen Sigel
Company: Buchart Horn, Inc.
Brief Company Description: A full-service international engineering and architectural firm, BH was founded in 1945 by friends Clair S. Buchart, AIA and Russell E. Horn, PE. BH was one of the first professional consulting companies to combine engineering and architecture under one roof. That innovation was fueled by a simple premise: it was better for clients if engineers and architects would cooperate rather than compete on projects. Simple ideas are often the most powerful; today the firm’s professional and support personnel serve local, state, and federal government clients around the world.
Deltek Vision Version: 7.0
Number of Employees: 200
Company Position: CRM Resources Coordinator
Vision Modules: CRM & Proposals/MODI
Number of Offices: 15
Year Vision Installed: 1999

Re: Avery 5160 Merge Template

Postby Karen Sigel » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:51 am

Yeah, I've never gotten those reports to line up correctly either. I'm not sure a Vision template would be your best solution, though. An export to Excel and then using a Word mail merge to create the labels might be easier, even though it may seem like more steps. What version of Vision are you using?
Karen L. Sigel
Buchart Horn, Inc.
717 852-1465
http://www.bucharthorn.com

smcchord
Brief Company Description: An Architecture, Interior Design, Civil Engineering and Landscape Architectural firm serving educational clients in Kentucky for more than 40 years.
Deltek Vision Version: 6.1
Number of Employees: 46
Company Position: Marketing Manager
Vision Modules: Accounting & CRM
Number of Offices: 0
Year Vision Installed: 2007

Postby smcchord » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:30 am

I'm using 7.3. I agree, exporting to excel and doing a mail merge is totally an option. Merge templates would just eliminate so many unnecessary steps!

S

Karen Sigel
Company: Buchart Horn, Inc.
Brief Company Description: A full-service international engineering and architectural firm, BH was founded in 1945 by friends Clair S. Buchart, AIA and Russell E. Horn, PE. BH was one of the first professional consulting companies to combine engineering and architecture under one roof. That innovation was fueled by a simple premise: it was better for clients if engineers and architects would cooperate rather than compete on projects. Simple ideas are often the most powerful; today the firm’s professional and support personnel serve local, state, and federal government clients around the world.
Deltek Vision Version: 7.0
Number of Employees: 200
Company Position: CRM Resources Coordinator
Vision Modules: CRM & Proposals/MODI
Number of Offices: 15
Year Vision Installed: 1999

Postby Karen Sigel » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:36 am

If you select all the records you want, use list view and display the columns you need, the export should only take a minutes. The Word mail merge can go fast or slow, depending, but you can set up the labels the way you need them each time, so there's that. It's how I've always done labels (even back in 5.1 and earlier, when exporting to Excel was a huge pain.) Sorry I wasn't more help, and good luck!
Karen L. Sigel
Buchart Horn, Inc.
717 852-1465
http://www.bucharthorn.com

Return to “CRM & Proposals”