Vision CRM Beginner and Connect for Microsoft Outlook

A forum for Deltek Vision CRM & Proposals.
sfitter
Brief Company Description: BEM Systems Inc. is a Environmental and Software consulting firm.
Deltek Vision Version: 6.1
Company Position: Application Developer
Number of Offices: 0
Year Vision Installed: 2010

Vision CRM Beginner and Connect for Microsoft Outlook

Postby sfitter » Tue May 24, 2011 3:26 pm

Hello, our company purchased Deltek Vision 6.1 some time back. We currently are in the process of getting our hands on the CRM module and exploring the system overall. I would really appreciated if you folks would shed some light on how to implement CRM in our system effectively. What would be the information that we need to track so that it makes chronological sense. Currently the marketing team has been on a handful of tours/trade shows for our software product. We really need to streamline this process into Vision. How can we efficiently manage opportunities and leads. How do I go about creating a presentation on effectively implementing CRM and train the marketing team on that.

Also I was wondering if anyone has purchased the optional "Connect for Microsoft Oultook" (I hope I pronounced that correct)? Would like to get some hands-on user reviews on this tool.

Thanks in advance,
Shashin
Shashin Fitter
Application Developer
BEM Systems Inc.

Gerald Cox
Site Admin
Company: Hurt & Proffitt, Inc.
Brief Company Description: We are primarily a Civil Engineering and Surveying firm that offers a few other supporting services. We upgraded to Vision from Advantage in 2005.
Deltek Vision Version: 5.1
Number of Employees: 70
Company Position: IT Director
Vision Modules: Accounting / Billing / Time & Expense / Payroll / CRM / Proposals / Planning
Number of Offices: 3
Year Vision Installed: 2005
Vision User Group: Richmond, VA

Re: Vision CRM Beginner and Connect for Microsoft Outlook

Postby Gerald Cox » Wed May 25, 2011 1:29 pm

First, you probably want to identify what you need to track. Most companies that I have spoken to don't use leads. Design your workflow and what information needs to be propagated in the system. Decide how you will determine your success and then back track to document the whole process. The Vision help system is actually pretty informative and there is this forum and the Deltek Customer Care Connect forum for discussing options with other users.

sfitter
Brief Company Description: BEM Systems Inc. is a Environmental and Software consulting firm.

Postby sfitter » Wed May 25, 2011 3:19 pm

Thanks Gerald!
Shashin Fitter
Application Developer
BEM Systems Inc.

Gerald Cox
Site Admin
Brief Company Description: We are primarily a Civil Engineering and Surveying firm that offers a few other supporting services. We upgraded to Vision from Advantage in 2005.
Vision Modules: Accounting / Billing / Time & Expense / Payroll / CRM / Proposals / Planning

Postby Gerald Cox » Wed May 25, 2011 3:21 pm

No problem! We struggle with it as well but I've learned a lot about it in the 6 years that we've been on Vision. Feel free to shoot me any questions that you have.

sfitter

Postby sfitter » Thu May 26, 2011 8:15 am

6 years! you must be a pro in Vision. I should contact you instead of our Deltek consultant in case I have any doubts. :)

The reason I posted this question is because I am a software developer and generally I know little about Marketing. My company does follow some standard procedures, but if Vision is helping us in guiding to do it in the most effective way, then that wouldn't hurt. Also did you ever get any chance to try Connect for Microsoft Outlook?

Regards,
Shashin
Shashin Fitter
Application Developer
BEM Systems Inc.

Gerald Cox
Site Admin

Postby Gerald Cox » Thu May 26, 2011 8:36 am

Good thinking. I'm a network admin type mostly so the CRM stuff was new to me too.

I haven't tried Connect, but I've seen the demo and it looks great. It's high on my wish list.

sfitter

Postby sfitter » Thu May 26, 2011 8:41 am

Thanks Gerald, appreciate your feedback.
Shashin Fitter
Application Developer
BEM Systems Inc.

AliT
Brief Company Description: Marine consulting firm
Number of Employees: 60
Company Position: Technical Aide

Postby AliT » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:16 pm

This forum is targeted towards users who are using an additional module (CRM) to an existing program, which is Deltek Vision. CRM in this case means customer relationship management. If you are looking for a general purpose CRM tool that is not in any way affiliated with either Deltek, its product Deltek Vision, or the CRM module to Deltek Vision, there are many options available on the market, but some definition of the tool's scope and purpose (i.e. what do the users want to do with the CRM tool) needs to happen.

Gerald Cox
Site Admin

Postby Gerald Cox » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:17 pm

Anyone posting a generic question like the above with a URL is just trying to improve their placement in search engines. It's a spam post. I'll be removing it.

AliT
Brief Company Description: Marine consulting firm
Number of Employees: 60
Company Position: Technical Aide

Postby AliT » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:52 pm

Thanks, Gerald. I wasn't sure if it was genuine or not. :-)

Return to “CRM & Proposals”