Custom Field Format

A forum for Deltek Vision CRM & Proposals.
rcasey
Brief Company Description: Large General Contractor
Deltek Vision Version: 6.1
Number of Employees: 2200
Company Position: Corporate Marketing Information Manager
Number of Offices: 0

Custom Field Format

Postby rcasey » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:18 pm

I need to insert a custom field that needs to have the Custom Field Format of "Currency/Number" AND "With Preceding Separator/Title". Is there a away to have both for 1 item?

Here is the scenario:
I have some projects that have stories (2-story office building) and some that do not (waste water treatment plant). I dont want the title "stories" to show up on the merge document if they dont exist on the project that is merging.

Karen Sigel
Company: Buchart Horn, Inc.
Brief Company Description: Buchart Horn is a multi-disciplined consulting firm with more than seven decades of award wining engineering and architectural design experience. Established in 1945, the firm’s architects, engineers, and planners serve a growing list of clients in the US and Europe. The company is well known for designs of courthouses, offices, schools, churches, libraries, airports, highways, bridges, and environmental projects such as water treatment facilities, wastewater plants, and environmental studies.

Buchart Horn services include architecture; environmental, transportation, civil, electrical, mechanical, structural engineering services; construction management, disaster resistance assessments, site development, GIS, photogrammetry, planning, permitting, grant application assistance, and telecommunications.
Deltek Vision Version: 7.0
Number of Employees: 200
Company Position: Marketing Coordinator/Database Manager
Vision Modules: CRM & Proposals/MODI/Sync Server
Number of Offices: 15
Year Vision Installed: 1999

Re: Custom Field Format

Postby Karen Sigel » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:33 pm

I just did a quick check and it looks like that's not an option with standard Vision fields, at least not with the Select Format tool. I know from experience you can do it with custom fields – I imagine because Vision has no way of telling what specific kind of data is in fields you create, so it gives you every possible option.

You might be able to do it manually by using the Select Format tool to do part of it, then typing in the other part (you can figure out what it should be by looking at a different field type that uses what you need). You have to be VERY careful about typing into Vision-created fields, though, because it's ridiculously easy to corrupt the code. You're better off figuring out what it's supposed to be, typing the whole thing out manually in Notepad, then copy/pasting it into your template. I don't know for a fact that this would work, but if it can, this is how to get there.

Just a note: I'm still using version 5.1; this may have changed in 6.1. And you could certainly ask Deltek Support to have it put into the black hole that is the Enhancement Request List.
Karen L. Sigel
Buchart Horn, Inc.
717 852-1465
http://www.bucharthorn.com

Gerald Cox
Site Admin
Company: Hurt & Proffitt, Inc.
Brief Company Description: We are primarily a Civil Engineering and Surveying firm that offers a few other supporting services. We upgraded to Vision from Advantage in 2005.
Deltek Vision Version: 5.1
Number of Employees: 70
Company Position: IT Director
Vision Modules: Accounting / Billing / Time & Expense / Payroll / CRM / Proposals / Planning
Number of Offices: 3
Year Vision Installed: 2005
Vision User Group: Richmond, VA

Postby Gerald Cox » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:07 am

Karen, based on your description of the Enchancement Request List, you might enjoy this thread on the Deltek forums: http://forums.deltek.com/t5/Vision-Appl ... 915/page/2

steph
Brief Company Description: Environmental Engineering Firm
Number of Employees: 1500
Company Position: Finance Systems Director
Vision Modules: Accounting, CRM
Number of Offices: 70
Year Vision Installed: 2006
Vision User Group: Boston, MA

Postby steph » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:22 pm

Gerald - I just wanted you to know that I thoroughly enjoyed your post on the Deltek forum about the black hole! Made my day :D

Gerald Cox
Site Admin
Company: Hurt & Proffitt, Inc.
Brief Company Description: We are primarily a Civil Engineering and Surveying firm that offers a few other supporting services. We upgraded to Vision from Advantage in 2005.
Number of Employees: 70
Company Position: IT Director
Vision Modules: Accounting / Billing / Time & Expense / Payroll / CRM / Proposals / Planning
Number of Offices: 3
Year Vision Installed: 2005
Vision User Group: Richmond, VA

Postby Gerald Cox » Mon May 14, 2012 1:16 pm

Hey, thanks Steph! I must have missed my subscription alert on this thread and just discovered your post today.

Return to “CRM & Proposals”