Is it possible to make "Vendor Number" optional??

A forum for Deltek Vision CRM & Proposals.
deltek newbie
Brief Company Description: Founded in 1937, HITT Contracting has grown to be ranked among today's 100 Largest General Contractors nationwide, with offices in Washington, DC, Atlanta, Charleston, South Florida, and Baltimore. Our client-focused teams fulfill any program need from a doorknob change to base building shells and complete tenant/owner fit-outs. Company-wide we maintain 650 employees, including a 288-member skilled in-house field force available 24/7 to support our clients long after initial occupancy. The HITT Way for quality and excellence defines the core of our mission and how we are structured. Teams are organized into expert market sector divisions, specializing in corporate base building and interiors, government, healthcare, biotech, law firms, institutional, and technology. Complementing these market sector teams are the paint and service, preconstruction, sustainable construction, and subcontractor relations divisions
Deltek Vision Version: 5.1
Number of Employees: 650
Company Position: Director of Marketing
Vision Modules: Custom Proposals
Number of Offices: 0
Year Vision Installed: 2011

Is it possible to make "Vendor Number" optional??

Postby deltek newbie » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:58 pm

One of our users wants to start up a "vendors" database within Vision, and she was wondering if there's a way to make the "Vendor Number" an optional (as opposed to "required") field. Is this possible?

Gerald Cox
Site Admin
Company: Hurt & Proffitt, Inc.
Brief Company Description: We are primarily a Civil Engineering and Surveying firm that offers a few other supporting services. We upgraded to Vision from Advantage in 2005.
Deltek Vision Version: 5.1
Number of Employees: 70
Company Position: IT Director
Vision Modules: Accounting / Billing / Time & Expense / Payroll / CRM / Proposals / Planning
Number of Offices: 3
Year Vision Installed: 2005
Vision User Group: Richmond, VA

Re: Is it possible to make "Vendor Number" optional??

Postby Gerald Cox » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:46 pm

I don't think so. I believe it is the unique identifier. A solution to this is that you could have it auto-generate if you like so it requires no user input. You could probably hide it as well but I wouldn't.

AliT
Brief Company Description: Marine consulting firm
Deltek Vision Version: 6.1
Number of Employees: 60
Company Position: Technical Aide
Number of Offices: 0
Year Vision Installed: 2010

Re: Is it possible to make "Vendor Number" optional??

Postby AliT » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:30 pm

I would definitely go the auto-number route if it's being perceived as a problem now. Having the vendor number will make the difference down the road between being able to differentiate vendors with similar names (i.e Wakefield and Co. vs. Wakefield) or exactly the same names (Wakefield, a small company who makes motors for a specific application, and Wakefield, the multinational firm who makes, sells, and services motors of all kinds.)

Ali :-)

Return to “CRM & Proposals”