Building Resume

A forum for Deltek Vision CRM & Proposals.
sapaul
Brief Company Description: The WorkingBuildings Companies is an Owner representative firm providing comprehensive solutions for facilities from planning to operation. Our professionals have extensive experience in building commissioning, biocontainment, energy conservation, construction management, and sustainability initiatives. We are dedicated to delivering buildings that work™. Our promise is to lead you through the big picture while we focus on the details.
Deltek Vision Version: 5.0
Number of Employees: 50
Company Position: Graphic Designer
Vision Modules: CRM
Number of Offices: 0
Year Vision Installed: 2010

Building Resume

Postby sapaul » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:07 pm

Hey Vision community. My company is using Vision 5, upgrading to 7 in April:) We just started exporting proposals from Vision and i am wondering if anyone can tell me how to "Build Resume" in custom proposal section searching only by what that employee has billed time to. All the search parameters are things like PM name, Client name, etc. Perhaps the w/project restriction or w/out project restriction button is the way to go but I've selected them both and the results don't change. Please let me know what i am doing wrong.

Karen Sigel
Company: Buchart Horn, Inc.
Brief Company Description: Buchart Horn is a multi-disciplined consulting firm with more than seven decades of award wining engineering and architectural design experience. Established in 1945, the firm’s architects, engineers, and planners serve a growing list of clients in the US and Europe. The company is well known for designs of courthouses, offices, schools, churches, libraries, airports, highways, bridges, and environmental projects such as water treatment facilities, wastewater plants, and environmental studies.

Buchart Horn services include architecture; environmental, transportation, civil, electrical, mechanical, structural engineering services; construction management, disaster resistance assessments, site development, GIS, photogrammetry, planning, permitting, grant application assistance, and telecommunications.
Deltek Vision Version: 7.0
Number of Employees: 200
Company Position: Marketing Coordinator/Database Manager
Vision Modules: CRM & Proposals/MODI/Sync Server
Number of Offices: 15
Year Vision Installed: 1999

Re: Building Resume

Postby Karen Sigel » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:10 pm

"With project restriction" should limit your search to only those projects with which the employee is associated. I'm not sure what could be causing you to get the exact same results (unless the person is actually linked to every single project in your db!) Can you give me a bit more detail?

When you say the search parameters are limited, are you looking only at the basic lookup dialog box? You should be able to click on "advanced search" in the Display Type drop-down (top left) and search by nearly every field in the employee info center. If not, it's possible to limit this functionality with security restrictions, and that may be your issue.
Karen L. Sigel
Buchart Horn, Inc.
717 852-1465
http://www.bucharthorn.com

Return to “CRM & Proposals”