Resume Template - Seminars and Certifications

A forum for Deltek Vision CRM & Proposals.
Jill Sturm
Brief Company Description: HR Green combines engineering and technical servies with business and management expertise to deliver sustainable success for our clients.
Deltek Vision Version: 7.0
Number of Employees: 353
Company Position: Marketing Data Coordinator
Vision Modules: CRM, Proposal
Number of Offices: 0

Resume Template - Seminars and Certifications

Postby Jill Sturm » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:38 am

My company is currently in the process of modifying and recreating our merge templates. Our template is set up right now to pull any specialized training from a field under the 'Resumes' tab labeled 'Specialized Training'. Is there any way to set up the Template to pull this information from the 'Seminars and Certifications' tab so staff doesn't have to enter the information into the system multiple times? I would like to pull this information in a similar format to how degrees and licenses are incorporated, however I do not see merge codes for seminars and certifications.... am I missing something?

Karen Sigel
Company: Buchart Horn, Inc.
Brief Company Description: A full-service international engineering and architectural firm, BH was founded in 1945 by friends Clair S. Buchart, AIA and Russell E. Horn, PE. BH was one of the first professional consulting companies to combine engineering and architecture under one roof. That innovation was fueled by a simple premise: it was better for clients if engineers and architects would cooperate rather than compete on projects. Simple ideas are often the most powerful; today the firm’s professional and support personnel serve local, state, and federal government clients around the world.
Deltek Vision Version: 7.0
Number of Employees: 200
Company Position: CRM Resources Coordinator
Vision Modules: CRM & Proposals/MODI
Number of Offices: 15
Year Vision Installed: 1999

Re: Resume Template - Seminars and Certifications

Postby Karen Sigel » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:28 am

Because these are custom fields, you have to create the merge codes yourself. It's a little complicated, but not too hard. I've attached Deltek's guidelines. You can also find limited help in Vision's own help files under "Example of User-Defined Tab Fields on a Modified SF254 or 255 Template" and in the Knowledge Base with a search for "merging custom fields" or similar. If you still can't figure it out, let me know and I'll try to walk you through it.
Attachments
Custom_Field_Merging.doc
(116 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
Karen L. Sigel
Buchart Horn, Inc.
717 852-1465
http://www.bucharthorn.com

Return to “CRM & Proposals”