Importing WBS structure into Planning from MS Project

A forum for Deltek Vision Project Planning & Resource Management.
SteveSch
Brief Company Description: Controls System Integrator with branches in Canada and the USA. Along with an Automation group and Information group.
Deltek Vision Version: 7.0
Number of Employees: 120
Company Position: Director of Engineering
Vision Modules: Info Centre, Calendor/Activities. Planning, Accounting, Time & Expenses, Purchasing, Reporting
Number of Offices: 0
Year Vision Installed: 2005

Importing WBS structure into Planning from MS Project

Postby SteveSch » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:38 pm

Quick background. I am exporting a valid template Plan I have created in Deltek to Microsoft Project. For testing purposes I make no changes and import it back into Planning. In this process I have lost the information in the Project, Phase, Task and Labour Code fields. Is there anyway to maintain these fields? And if so what do I need to do to accomplish this. I have looked at the various fields within MS Project but none seem to map name wise to Planning.

My hope is to allow our PMs when they start a new project to take a valid template, modify it in MS Project and then import it into Deltek Planning Module to create the plan for the project. But right now we have to recreate enter the lost information which means it is just as quick to do it in Planning. We would prefer if we could do it in MS Project since it is a far better editing tool.

Return to “Project Planning & Resource Management”