Planning Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array

A forum for Deltek Vision Project Planning & Resource Management.
Barbara Bunting
Company: H.W. Lochner, Inc.
Deltek Vision Version: 4.1
Number of Employees: 465
Company Position: Vision System Manager
Vision Modules: Project Control; Accounting; Billing; Time; Expense; Resource Planning; CRM; Proposals; SF forms; Visualization
Number of Offices: 26
Year Vision Installed: 2008

Planning Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array

Postby Barbara Bunting » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:13 pm

When we update our plans, we spread the remaining expenses and consultants evenly through the end of the project. Several of our users have recently started receiving the ”Index was outside the bounds of the array” error as soon as they right click and select Spread Evenly. This has been happening for the past 2-3 months but doesn't happen on all plans. This primarily occurs on the Expenses and Consultants tabs but it has also happened on the Labor tab. When they receive the error, they are kicked out of Planning. Once they check the plan back in, they are able to spread the amount evenly without issue.

Deltek has a copy of our database but has only been able to replicate this error one time. Has anyone else received this error before? If so, were you able to resolve it so that it doesn't happen any longer?

Ezhini
Brief Company Description: Law Kingdon Architecture - An architectural and engineering firm located in Wichita Kanss
Deltek Vision Version: 7.0
Number of Employees: 87
Company Position: Director of Technologies
Vision Modules: Time keeper
Number of Offices: 0
Year Vision Installed: 2010

Re: Planning Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array

Postby Ezhini » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:20 am

Posted almost two and a half years ago and no one has any resposne to it?
I ask, since I have had the same error and lookig for solutions or suggestions.
Thanks.

AliT
Brief Company Description: Marine consulting firm
Deltek Vision Version: 6.1
Number of Employees: 60
Company Position: Technical Aide
Number of Offices: 0
Year Vision Installed: 2010

Re: Planning Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array

Postby AliT » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:18 pm

I've had this happen when the end date of the project, task, or subtask did not match the date range for which I was trying to allocate hours. Check the end dates of the subtask and the task to which it rolls up, and make sure you're not trying to spread hours beyond the end date - and make sure that the dates match everywhere in planning. It has to do with the end date on the expense (or consultant) tab not matching the labor tab.

Return to “Project Planning & Resource Management”