Job Title: Contract Support / Invoice Specialist
Reports to: Regional Office Manager
Required Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Accounting is preferred. Minimum of 5 years experience in contract administration or project management administration. Previous employment with an architecture or engineering firm is highly desirable.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Salary Range: $50,000 - $60,000
Submit Resume and Cover Letter to: Tyler Robirds (firstname.lastname@example.org)
H.W. Lochner’s Salt Lake City office is seeking a full time energetic and experienced professional to perform a broad range of bookkeeping and contract management duties with minimal supervision. This position will oversee all local bookkeeping, job costing, project management functions to improve overall office financial performance/profitability while also handing all invoicing. Specific responsibilities include:
• Project invoicing, processing A/P and A/R
• Journal entries and bank reconciliation
• Assists project managers with contract terms, cost proposals, and fee structure
• Procures executed contracts and contract modifications and prepares subconsultant contracts/modifications
• Interprets contract terms and ensures compliance and orders and verifies certificates of insurance
• Verifies projects are set up per contract terms in the accounting system (correct contract type, rates, retention requirements, work breakdown structure; etc.)
• Assists in development of annual operating and capital budgets
• Responsible for financial screening preparation
• Maintains the office’s asset database
• Serves as the office representative for human resources (prepares offer letters, conducts new hire orientation, ensures completeness of new hire paperwork, etc.)
• Provide facilities management for 15,000 sq ft office space
• Manages administrative staff (2 phone receptionists)
The successful candidate must be organized with excellent analytical skills, be detail and deadline oriented, and have the ability to multi-task and prioritize. Ideal candidates are self-motivated, problem solvers, able to work individually and as part of a team under strict deadlines, and have good people skills. Good verbal and written communication skills are a must. Although this position will mainly work with the regional/office manager and project managers in the Salt Lake office, there is responsibility to work with and meet deadlines for the corporate accounting department.
Candidate must be experienced with basic business accounting functions, terminology, practices and procedures, must be able to use the enterprise system for project tracking and research, have job costing experience and must be proficient in Excel. Experience using Deltek Vision, Microsoft Project, or Project Management Institute standards is a plus.
About the Company
H.W. Lochner, Inc. is a Chicago based 500 person transportation planning and engineering firm with 30 offices in 18 states. Lochner strives to provide superior client service and exceed expectations by bringing the right experience and a focused approach tailored to each project. Lochner’s mission is to “provide valuable professional services that enhance people’s lives through sustainable infrastructure”.
Lochner’s Salt Lake City office is comprised of 40 professionals (engineers, planners, and public involvement specialists) and support staff.
A forum for the Deltek sponsored Vision User Group in Utah.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 32
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 1:48 pm
- Company: H.W. Lochner, Inc.
- Deltek Vision Version: 4.1
- Number of Employees: 465
- Company Position: Vision System Manager
- Vision Modules: Project Control; Accounting; Billing; Time; Expense; Resource Planning; CRM; Proposals; SF forms; Visualization
- Number of Offices: 26
- Year Vision Installed: 2008
- Location: Salt Lake City
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest