Position Description: Business Manager
Basic Function: Responsibilities include support of the Principals in a variety of operational decisions. This job description assumes the business manager engages in financial analysis in such areas as forecasting, budgeting, engaging in cost reduction analysis, and reviewing operational performance.
1. Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
2. Manage outsourced functions such as annual compilation, 401k audits, and regulatory audits
3. Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives
1. Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and available funds for investment or distribution
2. Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements
3. Maintain banking relationships
4. Help arrange debt financing
5. Recommend appropriate dividend issuances, based on historical dividend patterns and expected cash flows
1. Manage the preparation of the Hewitt’s annual budget and quarterly updates
2. Report monthly to management on variances from the established budget, and the reasons for those variances
3. Assist management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction
1. Engage in ongoing cost reduction analyses in all areas of the company
2. Engage in benchmarking studies to establish areas of potential operational improvement
3. Interpret the company's financial results to management and recommend improvement activities
4. Review company bottlenecks and recommend changes to improve the overall level of company throughput
5. Assist in the determination of rates and fees in relation to competitor pricing
6. Compile key business metrics and report on them to management
7. Manage the capital budgeting process, based on constraint analysis and discounted cash flow analysis
8. Work with outside consultant to clean up historical revenue Generation omissions
9. Develop regular teaching sessions with Project Managers for Vision Project Plans
10. Work with accounting staff to increase their Deltek knowledge and utilization of feature not currently in use, thereby improving accounting efficiency
11. Create reliable Project Reporting for both individual projects and summarized for all projects Help establish standardized and customized Vision Dashboards for Project Managers
12. Create additional analyses and reports as requested by Management
Additional Accountabilities: Oversee the extension of credit to customers and regularly monitor past due accounts
Desired Qualifications: The business manager candidate should have a Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting, or equivalent business experience and 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation. Preference will be given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations. Excellent communication skills are essential, particularly in regard to presenting the results of analyses to management. Should have an outstanding knowledge of Deltek Vision and Microsoft Excel software.
Working Conditions: Primarily in an office environment. Will not be expected to travel.
Supervises: Two accounting staff
Post open positions and resumes here.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest