Multi Value Custom Report Options

A forum for Custom Reporting & SQL Queries in Deltek Vision.
andrew.sheldon
Brief Company Description: TES Aviation Group is the global solution in aircraft engine asset management services for investors, owners and operators of mid to large thrust aircraft engines.
Deltek Vision Version: 7.0
Number of Employees: 115
Company Position: MIS Manager
Number of Offices: 3
Year Vision Installed: 2004

Multi Value Custom Report Options

Postby andrew.sheldon » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:27 am

Hi, i have created a report in VS 2013 with a multi value parameter to select the employee, which all works fine. I have uploaded it to Vision and created a custom option with the Employee lookup type but have noticed that i can only select one employee. I need to be able to select more than one. Any ideas what im doing wrong?

Thanks,

Andrew

bsalazar
Brief Company Description: Environmental Consultants
Deltek Vision Version: 7.0
Number of Employees: 700
Company Position: Sr. Developer/DBA
Number of Offices: 0
Year Vision Installed: 2011

Re: Multi Value Custom Report Options

Postby bsalazar » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:18 pm

Hi Andrew,

There are a few way to create parameters for the report. From what you are describing it sounds like you are using the "Custom Report Options". If this is the case then you will only be able to pass one value at a time.

There is a way around this. You can use custom properties. You do this within the XML for your SQL report and this will allow you to use the selection area of the report from within Vision. I think Deltek only tells you about this if you take their custom report development class.

Boris

Return to “Custom Reporting & SQL Queries”