upgrade to 7.1 broke custom report footers

A forum for Custom Reporting & SQL Queries in Deltek Vision.
curious_jon
Brief Company Description: Architecture & Engineering
Deltek Vision Version: 7.0
Number of Employees: 500
Company Position: Web Developer
Number of Offices: 0
Year Vision Installed: 2007

upgrade to 7.1 broke custom report footers

Postby curious_jon » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:16 am

Good morning, i am posting here and submitted a ticket with vision support. We recently upgraded to vision 7.1 from 7 and many of our custom reports are now getting an error:

Date/Time (UTC):12/2/2013 3:42 PM
Client Number:60675
Username:LEEHELD
Application Version:7.1 (Build 7.1.510)
Database Version:7.1.510
Application Server:CN-DELTEK-AS - Windows Server (R) 2008 Standard (Service Pack 2)
SQL/MSDE Server:Standard Edition (64-bit) - 10.0.5788.0
Database Name:Vision - Vision
Report Server:cn-sql-1

FrameworkException
SQL Reporting Error creating Timesheet Check 7 RDL file: The Value expression for the textrun ‘pagefooter_FooterText.Paragraphs[0].TextRuns[0]’ contains an error: [BC30456] 'RemoveFirstPTag' is not a member of 'ReportExprHostImpl.CustomCodeProxy'.

When I go into the custom report and remove the footer the error goes away. But when I create a new footer (even if it is blank) it comes back. My custom report is based off the Employee List and I tried rebuilding the Employee List from the new standard report and when I made it into a custom report by following the instructions in the 2009 manual I get the following error:

Could not load type
‘Deltek.Vision.ReportingEmployee.Client.VisionReportDialog’ from assembly ‘Deltek.Vision.ReportingEmployee.Client, Version=7.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null’

First, do you know why my footer is causing an error now after the Vision 7.1 upgrade? And second, did the instructions for creating a custom report change since 7.1?
Any help or pointers you could provide would be awesome, thanks!

Jonathan Pierce

AliT
Brief Company Description: Marine consulting firm
Deltek Vision Version: 6.1
Number of Employees: 60
Company Position: Technical Aide
Year Vision Installed: 2010

Re: upgrade to 7.1 broke custom report footers

Postby AliT » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:34 pm

Jonathan,
Have your custom reports been updated to the correct BIDS version (2008 or newer)? We had to go through all of our reports and get them updated when we upgraded. I'd start there.
P.S. - if you can edit your previous post, I'd recommend removing the username and application server from your post since this is an open forum, not the official, more secure Deltek one. :-)

Ali

tjpowers
Brief Company Description: Executive consulting in health care industry
Deltek Vision Version: 7.0
Number of Employees: 200
Year Vision Installed: 2007

Re: upgrade to 7.1 broke custom report footers

Postby tjpowers » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:04 pm

We also just upgraded to Vision 7.2 and are experiencing " 'RemoveFirstPTag' is not a member of 'ReportExprHostImpl.CustomCodeProxy" error in the textrun method of the pagefooter_FooterText control. The Vision 6 report has been successfully upgraded to BIDS 2008 format and runs in the BIDS 2008 IDE. But when loaded into the Vision environment the error occurs. This leads me to believe that the root of the issue lies with what happens to the rds inside the Vision application. I know, based on my experience writing custom Vision reports for the last couple years that Vision often alters the rds in the time between the Preview button being pushed and when the rds is sent to SSRS. I'm hoping another Vision user who knows his/her way around custom reporting in Vision has some idea about what used to be allowed in Vision 6 with respect to the standard template control, pagefooter_FooterText, but is now being flagged as an error.

Thanks in advance for any assistance/insight you can provide.

Return to “Custom Reporting & SQL Queries”