SQL Programs

A forum for Custom Reporting & SQL Queries in Deltek Vision.
FrankMC
Company: Arkinetics
Brief Company Description: Architecture Firm - Retail, Restaurant, Industrial, Hospitality, Office and of course the catch all Miscellaneous.
Deltek Vision Version: 7.0
Number of Employees: 16
Company Position: Partner + Director of Production
Vision Modules: all of them at this point
Number of Offices: 2

SQL Programs

Postby FrankMC » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:38 pm

What are people using to write SQL repots for Deltek? I have heard that if this is used that Deltek may not support your product as you are pampering with their data files???? I hope this is not the case. Any good direction on how I can get some education on SQL and what works with Deltek?

thanks,
Frank

Emma Howard
Brief Company Description: WSP Group Africa - 900 users in Africa, subsidiary of WSP Group PLC - 9000 users worldwide, Deltek Vision user since 2009. Engineering company supplying all engineering services from Mechanical through to Green Energy
Deltek Vision Version: 6.1
Number of Employees: 900
Company Position: Deltek Project Manager
Vision Modules: Info Centres, Accounting, Time and Expense, CRM, Custom Proposals
Number of Offices: 0
Year Vision Installed: 2009

Re: SQL Programs

Postby Emma Howard » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:17 am

Hello FrankMC

We use BIDS to write new reports for Deltek. We also use Vision Performance Management / Tableau Version 8.0 (about to upgrade to 8.1). Tampering with the data files is not accepted, but you can "tamper" with any custom database tables, reading the data - which is what you would do in a reporting environment is fully supported. Deltek's support is not great on custom written reports, however their documentation is not too bad

aadilnaeem
Brief Company Description: antechsol

email: adil@antechsol.com
Deltek Vision Version: 7.0
Number of Employees: 0
Number of Offices: 0
Year Vision Installed: 2009

Re: SQL Programs

Postby aadilnaeem » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Hi

I can help you with developing custom reports, Dashboards using Tableau & Power BI, customisation , workflows etc.

Regards

Return to “Custom Reporting & SQL Queries”